Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy 60th Birthday!




On Christmas day, it was my father in law's 60th birthday and here is the cake that I made for him. He is a massive fan of Marilyn Monroe and that's who it's supposed to popping out of the cake.
This was a really simple cake to do and once it was all put together, I think it looks really effective. Making the model of Marilyn was probably the most difficult part of the cake, especially getting the eyes right!
The cake is a vanilla sponge, sandwiched with jam and butter cream, it is two tiers and the top tier has been cut and the icing folded back, to make it look like a lady jumping out of a cake. I made the stars from icing, sprinkled edible glitter over them and then waited for them to go hard before i put them onto the wire and then pushed them into the cake. I then added the black and silver ribbons and glued "happy 60th birthday", which I had made using cutters, onto the cake board.
This has been my favourite cake that I have made so far and it tasted yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment