Sunday 22 November 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Jack!


It was my nephew, Jack's birthday party yesterday and here is the cake that I made him. It is a vanilla sponge with jam and butter cream, everyone at the party loved it and thought the sponge was really moist, which is good because who wants to eat dry cake!
I cut the cake into the shape of a number 7, using a template I had made, then covered the cake with yellow sugar paste, put a silver ribbon around and then glued the silver stars on the top, that I had made from sugar paste and painted silver. I then used the rest of the stars and put on to wires and put them into the cake. I made a few red stars and a large red star which I piped "Happy Birthday Jack".





I made the model of Jack the night before, if you look carefully you can see he is playing his Nintendo DS, which is something he loves to do!
The cake went down really well and Jack's younger brother, Thomas wants the same for his 5th birthday, next year, bless him!


Here is Jack, getting ready to blow out his candles.



No comments:

Post a Comment