Wednesday 25 November 2009

Exterminate!

Here is a cake that I made today, for a little boy called Nathan who will be eight tomorrow. When he first asked for a dalek cake, I was a bit stuck to how I was going to do it but it went really well and I enjoyed making it!

I made the cake by, making two large sponge cakes and cut out the shape by using a template. Once I had put jam and butter cream in between the cake, I covered it with sugar paste, that I had coloured black. Then using a picture of a darlek, I added all the details and painted some parts silver.

I dropped the cake off this evening and Nathan looked so pleased with it, he said it was "great" also his mum said that he was very excited and has been telling everyone that he is getting a darlek cake, bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment