Saturday 5 September 2009

Dennis' Carrot Cake.

My friend, Mel, asked me if I would make her dad, Dennis, a carrot cake for him to take away when he goes on a fishing trip and here it is!
I have made a two tier carrot cake with a cream cheese frosting, chopped walnuts around the side and little carrots, made from icing, for decoration.
This is the first time I have used this recipe, so I used some of the cake mix to make a couple of cupcakes, so then I could have a taste and they were delicious. The recipe asked for chopped tinned pineapple to be added to the cake mix and I was unsure as I have never used this in a carrot cake before but it definitely made a difference, as the cake was very moist.
Dennis leaves for his fishing trip tomorrow and I hope Dennis and his friends enjoy the cake and I hope that it makes it there in one piece! Fingers crossed it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment