Friday 28 August 2009

Barry's Kite Cake.

Happy Birthday Barry!
It's my step dad's birthday today so as usual I have made a cake! As he likes to fly kites, I thought that he would like this kite cake, fingers crossed he will! I made the kite cake by making a large square chocolate sponge and then using a template, that I had made out of paper, I cut out the shape of the kite.
I then crumb coated the cake and left it to chill for about half an hour. Whilst the cake was chilling, I made the kite string by using two different coloured icing and twisting them together. I then made the spots which I have used to decorate the kite. I then iced the cake using the double chocolate icing, which is a butter cream icing made with cocoa powder and melted dark chocolate, once this was done I decorated the cake with the icing spots and attached the string. This is the first time I have made a cake using a template, it is a simple cake but for my first I didn't want to tackle anything too complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment